I sewed up the other cut-and-rtg apron in my stash today. It was meant as a gift for the friend who sent me the fruit fabric in the first place, and will go to her. Who doesn’t need random presents?
I used some ric-rack to trim it – I’m not a big ric-rack girl, but I’m forever getting packets of it when I buy sewing notions at estate sales. I thought it suited the apron.
In other sewing news, due to the cup-size reduction from CF/BBC, my dirndl didn’t fit any more. (Sadness! Despair! Mourning!) Gertie brought out a *cute* dress cut down to there and back again, which suits the date-night purpose of my dirndl. My local fabric discount shop still had the silk I used for the dirndl in stock, so I got a bit more to turn into a new bodice and picked apart the dirndl for re-use. (I’ll just put the skirt on the new bodice and voila – dress!).
The last item in my UFO cupboard… I found a fully cut corset. It won’t fit up top anymore either… however, I think if I baste it together and compare it to one of my bra cups, I should be able to make appropriate changes. I really don’t want to waste the coutil.
I might work on that tonight, we’ll see… 🙂