Fiber sent me on a hunt… she found a new pattern company, a company that will send you a downloadable PDF pattern based on your very own measurements. Saw her in her pants, was pretty impressed. Noticed that the company in question has *men’s shirts* – and more than one sort, so you can actually get what you want… got all excited.
I was *so* skeptical when I printed this out… especially when I saw that the allegedly 10x10cm square was 11.5×11.5, regardless of whether I “fit to page” or not… surely it wasn’t going to fit properly. I was going to need to tweak it. (The seam allowances are ridiculous, btw – I would just do your own – 3/8? No).
Nope. It’s perfect – or darn close. Close enough to make up properly in the least awesome shirting fabric I have stashed for DH and see where we get. (After I trace it out on Swedish Tracing Paper, because life is too short to sew with printer paper). I’ll have to do some research about sleeve plackets, I couldn’t figure out the instructions.
Pixels of the muslin:
BTW – I *****love***** the version of the shirt minus the button plackets. You double fold & edgestitch the edge, so much easier and less likely to go wonky. Button plackets have caused more tears in my shirtmaking…
And I already have his perfect pocket in the shirt I made for him last year. Nerd that I am, I designed it around his cell-phone.