One of my folks’ Peace Corps friends entrusted me with some fabric that he’d chosen back in the day and asked that I make him something special… some consultations and fittings followed… and too many months while my brilliant idea about beading took shape (and Joanne’s failed to restock their beads).
There was just enough of the fabric to cut a second yoke, so I made him a second robe with some linen I found at Joanne’s. It’s a bit more durable than the first – 48yo fabric isn’t exactly robust.
I’m post-dating this so he’ll have it in his hands before y’all see the results – I hope he likes it!!!!
This is Folkwear’s Galabia pattern, lengthened. I chose to slit it up the sides instead of widening it for ease of movement, the recipient is slim and too much fabric just looks wrong on him.