Weather: 55 degrees, intermittent rain – quite chilly by our standards
Occasion: Errands (orthodontist, groceries)
- Cashmere sweater, Talbots – this is about 5 years old. I have two of these sweaters, and I wear them when weather permits. Buying a quality cashmere sweater in a color and neckline that suit you (not a cheapie – spend the cash for something with some weight to it) is something that can be a wardrobe staple for a decade or more.
- Denim skirt, Me. I wanted you to see this at full length, so you could see how the long, full hem balances my shoulders and gives some illusion of hourglassishness.
- Lace slip, Me. You’d be amazed how much warmer my denim skirt is with the addition of a very light-weight cotton slip!! The denim keeps out the wind, but it holds away from my body. The cotton wraps around my legs, holding the heat where I need it. Together, a huge win. Petticoats – win. (It doesn’t weigh anything or impede my movement or add
- Suede moccasins – I love these things, you have to break them in, but once you do, you have gloves for your feet.
- Brown belt (matches moccasins, gives waist detail)
- Brown/rainbow wrist belt (matches moccasins/belt, picks up pink in sweater).
- Pink wild rose earrings (picks up pink in sweater, my favorite earrings)
- Pink daisy leather hair clip (not visible – but picks up pink in sweater).
I could definitely accessorize this look more – but there was no need to do so to go to the grocery store, and I have found that if you’re too dressy, people start withdrawing from you rather than relaxing around you. This is warm and comfy.