Many moons ago I realized that I have a “heirloom sewing machine” and that mayyyybe, since I am passionately in love with all things Edwardian and lacy, I should take advantage of those features. (Call me crazy). So I pulled out a light weight bit of cotton shirting, sewed up my normal peasant blouse pattern and went crazy with special finishes for the collar and cuffs.
Then, to prove that I’m certifiable, I decided to put hand-embroidery on the front bodice. Uh. And then it took me over a year to finish what was not, quite frankly, much embroidery at all. (And not especially well. I love embroidery. Madly. I do not love sitting still and embroidering.) But swimming season happened, and I had loads of time to sit idly in extremely well-lit conditions … and I got it finished.
Washed it up to get all the markings out, and I’m a little disappointed. Yes, all the markings came out, but some of the edging came out too. I’m going to have to try this while using wash-out stabilizer, see if it works better. It’s a LOVELY effect.
Well, I have something *very* special to wear it with… and I think it will work. Have to see after the Something Special is finished. 😀