Ach, people. The things I’ve done to this blouse pattern. I *think* I might be at the end of the muslining and redesign process – I cut a final muslin last night to check it, but haven’t sewn it up yet. I’m actually a little sick of the whole thing – endless muslins don’t give you the satisfaction of a pretty new garment!
So, here was the muslin before, with the final changes to the pattern.
…. the sleeve: I didn’t like the band. I made the sleeve longer. I was going to put in a ribbon tie instead of the band but it looks cool and slimming just open.
… the shoulder. My shoulders are narrow (?) and very square. I took almost an inch off there.
… the bust. Yeek.
… the front waist… increasing and decreasing until I found the perfect fit
…. the neckline ( I rounded it slightly and opened up the back neck slightly).
….the front center seam, which I eliminated for fitting and simplicity reasons.
…. no more side zipper, unless I fit the waist very tightly, I don’t need it. And that throws off the fit of the shirt. So – no need, no zip.
… the back. I cut a 12, which worked beautifully except I needed a little extra room right below the arms. (I have a back-armpit fat pad that I loathe, but loathing it doesn’t disappear it – so I have to fit around it until it goes away or becomes muscle. The latter probably, we do a lot of overhead shoulder presses in CF).
Poor pattern. Cute little thing…
Well, after all of this I *really* hope this thing is amazing in fashion fabric, because I REALLY need more blouses, stat!