I finished fitting the next dress…. and today, I cut it.
I fell madly in love with this fabric on the bolt, where I saw lovely multicolored feathers. When I unrolled it, I was dismayed to find that those feathers were ginormous flowers… so not my thing. But because the flowers were so *very* big, I knew that if I found the right pattern and cut correctly, I could make what I saw first (feathers) be the effect that everyone ended up enjoying. (This is 60″ wide cotton voile, fwiw).
So – here’s my last fitting muslin… (I will be putting a waist stay in – that empire line needs to stay where it belongs, not go wandering off on its own!)
And here’s a picture of one of my bodice pieces, very carefully cut on the single layer so that I could avoid the center of those flowers and get the feathers instead. We’ll see how it looks when it gets sewn up…….. scissors ahoy! 😀 (Yes, everyone feel sorry for the patterns I butcher – poor things).
Fashion fabric cut, now to iron and cut my lining fabric. Fortunately *that* is plain and will go quickly.